Protect Your Business After a Break-In with a Board Up
Don't leave your business open to the elements or further damage after a break-in. Call us to get your property boarded up and secure!
Imagine a burglar has broken into your store or business. The windows are shattered, the locks are cut. The cleanup alone would be overwhelming enough and now you also have to protect your property from the elements and further break-ins.
That's Where We Come In
Our team of qualified technicians at SERVPRO of Montebello can come in and help you to deal with the chaos. First and foremost we quickly board up any opening left behind. We will use high-quality materials like plywood and/or tarps, depending on the size of the hole, the surrounding damage, and other factors.
Our techs will then clean up and remove any debris left behind. However, we know a board-up is just the start of the restoration process. We are also able to provide reconstruction services as well, to rebuild your property back to its original condition. Our Director of Construction can get your business to, “Like it never even happened.”
And this scenario is not the only one our team can help with. If you have any damage in your business, we can help. If you experience storm or fire damage that leaves your business open to the elements, we can help there too. Basically, if ANY of your property is damaged and you need it protected right away, we are there for you.
A board-up ensures no further damage will occur to your property and it will help the cleanup and recovery process go much faster. That way life can get back to, “Like it never even happened,” sooner, meaning less stress for you.
SERVPRO of Montebello is here to help with all your damage repair needs. We are open 24/7 365 days a year to help you get back to normal. Call us at (323) 215-1997
Smoke Alarms | What You Need to Know
Here's what you need to know about Smoke Alarms
Smoke Alarms are simple devices, found at most residential and business facilities. These alarms could save your life!! Because they're so important to the safety of those who occupy a building, it's important to know how to maintain them.
Here's what you need to know about Smoke Alarms
You Need More Than One
A single smoke alarm will do you no good if a fire breaks out that's not near the vicinity of that alarm. The NFPA recommends alarms in each bedroom, and on each floor of a property. It's best these are away from anything that could interfere with its operation such as doors, ducts, or windows.
They Need to be Tested Regularly
Most smoke alarms require monthly tests to ensure the system is working. Follow the manufactures instructions for your smoke alarm testing.
Batteries Need to Be Operational
Most smoke alarms are equipped with non-replaceable 10-year batteries that are designed to remain effective for up to 10 years. If your smoke alarm chirps or emits a pulsating beep, the batteries may need to be replaced.
Stay Safe with Smoke Alarms
SERVPRO of Montebello is dedicated to responding to your fire damage event. For fire damage services, call (323) 215-1997
Faster to Any Size Disaster: Storm Damage
Fast Service - Provided by SERVPRO® of Montebello (323) 215-1997
Emergency Storm Damage
This construction site suffered a widespread emergency storm damage. While the construction was well on its way, so was the rain. The roof wasn't reinforced yet, and the tarping was minimal. Was it enough for the heavy storm that was on its way?
That night heavy rain came and wreaked havoc on the construction site. The next morning, workers showed up to find their whole site flooded, along with tools and supplies. There was only one company to call, SERVPRO® of Montebello.
We mobilized fast! Workers were on-site to reinforce the roof tarping for future rain and to clear any standing water from the facility. After some days, the whole site was tarped and filled with specialty drying equipment to ensure a dry construction site.
Can SERVPRO® Help You?
The job was massive but took place smoothly. Does your facility need emergency services? Call SERVPRO®, we're here to help with restoration, remediation, and sanitation.
Call Us: (323) 215-1997
Stay Safe During Summer Heat
Keep cool this summer!
Summer means fun! From pool parties to beach days, summer is all about spending time outdoors in the sun. As summer fun heats up, here are some things to keep in mind so you can remain safe during high temperatures.
Stay Safe During Summer Heat
According to Ready.gov, in extreme heat, your body works extra hard to maintain a normal temperature.
- Wear Light Clothing
- Find an Air Conditioner to stay cool
- Drink Plenty of Water
- Avoid activities that will make you hotter
- Never leave pets or children in an unoccupied vehicle
Remember!!! Cases of extreme heat can occur suddenly and without warning. Older adults and children should be especially careful.
Keep Your Home & Business Cool
- Cover windows
- Weather-strip doors and windows
- Use window reflectors to reflect heat
- Add insulation to keep the heat out.
- Install window air conditioners and insulate them
SERVPRO of Montebello wants to remind you to practice summer safety as the months heat up. Use caution, drink water, & enjoy the summer!
Fire Preparation | Pet Safety
These pet safety tips brought to you by SERVPRO® of Montebello
We are used to Fires in the Los Angeles/Orange County area. During a Fire, your first priority is to get yourself and your family members out safely. You will not want to forget your pets too! It is important you have a plan in place to evacuate your pets in case a fire emergency should occur. Start by including your pets into your home escape plan. For Pet Preparedness Month, here are 5 ways to prepare your pet for a fire evacuation.
5 Tasks to Prepare Your Pet
Preparation is key when it comes to protecting your pets from a fire. In case your pets are in an unsafe location that you or your other family members can’t get to, there are several steps you can take to better the chance of their rescue:
1. Keep your pet in rooms or areas that are easily accessible to firefighters.
2. Update your pet alert window cling on the front window of your home.
3. Set aside a disaster supply kit just for your pet. Include any medication or dog supplies you may need.
4. Place important pet ownership documents and proof of vaccinations in a firebox that you can easily retrieve.
5. Teach your pets the “Come” command so you can easily direct them towards you in an emergency.
Creating Your Pet Evacuation Plan
In addition to these important pet safety tasks, you will need to create a pet evacuation plan. Assign an individual or two to be in charge of retrieving the pets. If your pets are located in a specific part of the house during the night, identify several different routes to that location. Practice the evacuation plan several times with your pet.
In the event of an evacuation due to a wildfire, have arrangements in place for your pet to stay.
Keep your pets and family members safe by having a well thought out plan if a fire emergency does occur. Never risk your safety or the safety of a family member to save your house pet. While your pets might be able to escape safely on their own, you can increase the chance of their rescue with these tips!
These safety tips brought to you by SERVPRO® of Montebello, here to help with all your fire damage needs. We are open 24/7, 365 days a year to help you get back to normal. Call us at (323) 215-1997
"Like it never even happened."
Your IICRC Certified Restoration Company | SERVPRO of Montebello
You know with SERVPRO of Montebello you're getting the best of service, adhering to the highest of standards.
SERVPRO of Montebello Restoration Specialists can restore your Montebello Business
SERVPRO of Montebello is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must adhere to a strict set of standards
• Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
• Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
• Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
• Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
• Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
SERVPRO® of Montebello is here to help with all your water damage needs. We are open 24/7, 365 days a year to help you get back to normal. Call us (323) 215-1997
Deep Cleaning | Commercial Kitchens
SERVPRO of Montebello is here to help with your Commercial Cleaning needs. (323) 215-1997
According to the CDC, 1 in 6 Americans gets sick from contaminated foods and beverages each year, while 3,000 dies.
Restaurant & kitchen cleanliness is crucial!!! That's a fact whether it's a school cafeteria or a 5-star Michelin restaurant. Kitchen managers do well to follow strict food safety regulations when it comes to handling food in their kitchen and maintaining a sanitary commercial kitchen. Addition measures may be implemented to protect the employees and customers from viral pathogen contaminations such as COVID-19.
For facilities to ensure all areas of their restaurants are properly cleaned they may look into these trouble areas:
The Kitchen Floor:
A clean kitchen floor usually means a clean kitchen. Floors sustain foot traffic, fallen food, and grease from machines. If not cleaned properly they can become a breeding ground for bacteria and vermin. It can also pose a safety hazard for slipping and falling. Thorough sweeping, from corner to corner, under all equipment, and washed with a cleaning solution will ensure a sanitary floor.
Daily cleaning of refrigerators, walk-in or stand-alone, will prevent cross-contamination of foods. Expired food will need to be discarded so as not to contaminate other food. Wiping down these units will also prevent mildew, a type of fungus.
Although dumpsters are typically on the exterior of a restaurant, they can easily get overlooked in the process of cleaning. The cleaning of this area can prevent foul odors, vermin, and hard grease and oil stains. It can also greatly improve the appearance of your facility.
A clean kitchen is a healthy kitchen.
SERVPRO of Montebello is here to help with your deep clean commercial needs. We deep clean kitchens, grease, and oil. Call us at (323) 215-1997
Prepare Your Business for LA Storms!
SERVPRO of Montebello provides roof tarping, board-up services, and flood and fire restoration.
During storm season in Montebello, CA we see heavy rains, flooding, lighting, and wind! Any one of these storm types could easily cause damage to your business. Without proper preparation, such damage could cause business interruption. It is important to know the different damages that a storm can cause and how you can prepare.
- Wind Damage: Roof damage in this situation may cause your roof shingles to be removed from your business, causing leaks. Even a subtle roof leak can produce damp, moldy conditions. Restoration experts at SERVPRO of Montebello can help property owners address storm damage and roof damage more effectively.
- Flood Damage: Heavy rains in Montebello, CA can cause flooding. Flooding may disrupt municipal water systems which call for experts to assess groundwater and evaluate the condition of pipes following flood damage. SERVPRO of Montebello has assisted in the cleanup process after flood damage has occurred at various locations.
- Lighting Damage: When a storm occurs, many times it brings the loud sounds of thunder which means lighting is striking. Your business may have objects attached to the building that can attract a lightning strike that can cause a fire. Lightning strikes cause about 2% of all fires.
How to Prepare for Storms:
SERVPRO of Montebello provides roof tarping, board-up services, and flood and fire restoration. We're here to help if your business suffers a loss during an LA Storm. Call us at (323) 215-1997
What To Do If A Tree Falls On Your House?
What needs to happen if a tree falls on your home?
When a tree falls on your roof, it causes many problems: it damages your home’s structure, exposes your home to the elements, & increases the risk of other damage from electrical sources. What is the process when a tree falls on your roof?
- Contact the necessary people. You'll want to call your insurance company to consider coverage. You'll also want to contact a Roofer and a Tree Removal company. Can SERVPRO® help? We sure can! We're able to perform tarping as well as water restoration if the interior of your house was exposed to the elements.
- Remove the tree. This might seem like an obvious step, but we can't address the problem until the damaged area of your roof has been cleared.
- Tarp exposed areas. A fallen tree will likely cause damage to your roof, leaving it exposed. To ensure outside elements don’t get in and cause more damage, tarping temporarily protects your home.
- Contact a roofing company. Even if the roof is tarped, you’ll need to contact a roofing company to determine the next phase of repairs.
A fallen tree can cause a lot of damage and headache, but with the above steps, you can get your life back on track. Leave it to SERVPRO®, we'll make it "Like it never even happened."
For Tree Removal or Tarping Services, call SERVPRO® of Montebello at (323) 215-1997
What Should I do if Lightning Strikes?
Are you prepared for a lightning strike?
Lightning can strike at any time of the year, however, the chance for strikes increases during the summer months. Stay safe as well as protect your property with these basic tips from SERVPRO of Montebello:
- Have a lightning safety plan, and cancel/postpone outdoor activities if thunderstorms are expected. Lightning can hit trees and split them into the roads or onto cars.
- If you do get caught outside, avoid high ground, open spaces, and all metal objects including electric wires, fences, etc. Seek shelter in a substantial building or a fully enclosed metal vehicle.
- If you are indoors, stay away from doors and windows. Do not use the telephone and consider unplugging computers, power tools, & TV sets. Lightning may strike exterior electric/phone lines, inducing shocks to inside equipment.
It is rare to see lightning in a storm in Southern California but that doesn't mean you shouldn't be prepared for it. Should your home sustain damage from a storm call us at (323) 215-1997.